Monday, April 9, 2007

i like robots and young women




I started my weekend by watching potential Playmates shake their tails and ended it by watching the episode 4 of "Star Wars."

Sexy.

This weekend was pretty quiet downtown, a result of both the Easter holiday and the cold weather. Annoying. Still, a decent crowd was evident downtown Friday, when my friend Andrea and I pinballed it and after dinner at Spices from the Caribbean, hit Savana's, Mario's, Los Amigos Cantina and Big Club. Wow. The most crowded venue of the pack was without a doubt Big City, which was hosting a Playboy-themed party. Catch more insights on the Playmate wannabe contest in this week's column.

I kicked off Saturday by having a six-hour "sesh" with my friend Lily. A sesh, short for session, is basically an exchange of personal information between a maximum of three people. It lasts a minimum of one hour, but usually isn't considered productive unless you hit the three-hour mark and travel to multiple venues. Our sesh, for example, spanned Gold's Gym, Starbucks, Moe's Southwest Grill and Infinity Nails.

Saturday night, we hit Broad Street Blues in Phenix City and had a blast. Loved it as usual.

I started Saturday with an especially stellar Easter brunch courtesy of our friends Dawn and Jeff. The above photo is from a rare moment of sunshine during the unseasonably cold skies. Boo to that. Fortunately, we still look very hot.

I was glad I had the opportunity to load up my stomach, though, because Sunday night I embarked upon a very challenging personal mission to watch episodes 4, 5 and 6 of the "Star Wars" series. Note: I have not seen any of the "Star Wars" movies. Ever.

So last night, Heineken keg in hand, I watched Episode 4, "A New Hope." In summary, I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. Even better, I now have this huge crush on the little robot man also known as R2-D2. He is so hot. Tonight, we're watching "The Empire Strikes Back," and I really hope people finally hook up.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Han shot first.

I'm so cool now!