Friday, June 15, 2007

TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF

Anyone else happy it's Friday? Sorry I've been relatively lax on the posting this week. I was busy with an article about overprotective dads. You'll see the final product in Sunday's paper.

Anyway, Columbus-area partiers have no reason to stay inside this weekend. Tonight, I'll be at After 5, the new club at 3709 Gentian Blvd. in Columbus. Why am I going? Three words: Atlanta Hot Boys. Holllaaa! It's ladies-only until 11 p.m., and then guys are allowed.

Saturday, don't forget about the luau on Broadway. You can read all about it in my column here. The highlight, allegedly, will be a pig roasting in the street median. Allegedly. Some of my friends already have grim expectations on that one. Believe me, though, if it's not there...I'm writing about it.

I'm going to have another very exciting adventure Saturday, when I finally hit up the optometrist's office. I'm so psyched. You have no idea. One of my contacts is torn right now and it's pretty much the most painful thing ever. I'm going to 20/20 Eyecare at 2501 Whittlesey Road. You'll get a full review Monday.

Finally, as if my trip to the optometrist wasn't enough to ignite your weekend excitement, I'll put in another plug for Hibachi Express (6160 Bradley Park Dr.), pretty much the best new restaurant in all of Columbus. Try the chicken teriyaki bowl.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Look for me at the luau.