Friday, December 10, 2010

You had me at "woof"


You've reached a relationship milestone when the gifts you buy for your boyfriend out-value the ones you buy for your dog.

I think I'm almost there.

Go ahead and laugh. But I've heard many women admit the money they spend on their pets outweighs what they spend on a significant other during the holidays.

I scoured the Internet for statistical proof, but I only found a recent survey indicating that "women (56 percent) are somewhat more likely than men (49 percent) to buy their animals a gift."

Can you blame us? The current gift-giving climate suggests you're a failure if you can't find the elusive "perfect gift."

Amid seasonal stresses, there's something reassuring about knowing a $3.99 rawhide bone will earn you unconditional love.

Since you asked, my dog Bailey is featured in the photo above.

Click here to see my co-worker Dawn's dogs in their holiday gear. She also lists this weekend's holiday parties for pets.