Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Romantic getaways

Which Georgia city made Hotwire's list of the top 10 Valentine's Day deal destinations?

The correct answer is...Columbus. Kidding. OK, ready for the real answer? Savannah.

That's right. This press release bills it as a romantic destination, which makes me feel a little left out. After five years of living in Georgia, I haven't made a trip to Savannah.

Even without Savannah, our state is hardly devoid of romantic getaways. For people who live in Columbus, I think the natural tendency is to enjoy a romantic weekend in Atlanta. Hardly a bad idea, considering the abundance of nice hotels and dining options.

And call me crazy...but I actually think downtown LaGrange is pretty romantic. Don't believe me? Try this restaurant.

Weigh in, readers: What are the best romantic getaways in Georgia? I'd really appreciate your feedback on this one, as I'm thinking about eventually spinning it into a longer article.

(Oh! One more thing! Thanks for participating in my blog challenge, Sara. You rule.)