Monday, October 22, 2007

weekend recap

Happy Monday!

My weekend time on the nightlife scene was limited, seeing as I was celebrating back-to-back birthdays. Still, I made it downtown Saturday, and unexpectedly ended up spending the entire night at Rumors.

I like this bar. They've obviously gone through a transition since being formerly known as Savana's...it's been kind of a progression from rock bands and martinis to Bud Lights and Soulja Boy. Not necessarily a bad thing, though.

That said...somebody approached me Saturday and told me Rumors has been having a hard time because so many people mistake it for a gay bar. Um, I guess I can see that. Still...

Overall, I had a great time there, except for the fact that as I was closing out my tab, some random guy felt compelled to obsessively start touching my hair. This is very common, and I really don't know why. Personally, I think my hair is just frizzy and disgusting. Even so, on one of my first weeks here, some guy came up to me and said, "I really like your hair. I can imagine holding on to it while having sex with you."

The saddest part is that I've heard that same line twice since then. Gross.

Anyway, long story short about the hair-touching guy at Rumors, one of the bar workers noticed and quickly put an end to it...even though I wasn't in any kind of harm. Cheers to that.

Want to learn more about Rumors? Wednesday, it's the ladies-only poker tournament. First prize is $200. It starts at 7:30 p.m. and guys play upstairs at the same time. I'll be there, too, if that's any incentive. Read more here.