Monday, September 22, 2008

keepin' it in the family

Among MTV's newest shows? "Sex...with Mom and Dad."

Don't worry -- it's not a cheap "Cops" knockoff. Instead, the reality show focuses on teens "talking candidly with their parents about sex."

Yeah, this is what happens when MTV abandons music.

I've been blessed(?) with a family where lines of communication are pretty open, but I don't think the term "candidly" ever described a relationship-based discussion I had with my mom.

Even as the gap between "parent" and "friend" narrows, there seem to be certain sex-related topics that always remain off-limits. Then again, some of my female friends maintain they talk to their mom just like they talk to their best friend.

As a 20- or 30-something, do you still have certain topics you absolutely won't talk about with mom or dad?

Meanwhile, you can read more about "Sex...with mom and dad" here.