Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Rolling in the Deep

Listen to Adele's newest CD for a sense of female empowerment...or a heightened shot at finding a really hot date.

The Washington Post cites data from a dating website that suggests "people who listened to Adele were 20 percent more likely to receive a message than those who like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, the Beatles and Metallica."

The site, Tastebuds.fm, connects daters based on music taste.

The article prompted me to wonder if I hate any bands enough to immediately discard a date because he's a fan.

I'm all for diversity in the music world. OK, that's not entirely true. I really hate Dave Matthews Band. However, get me in the right mood and I'll tolerate a little "Ants Marching."

Anyway, if you asked me if I'd date my boyfriend based solely on his CD collection, my immediate answer would be "hell no."

But I've adapted. Likewise, anyone who dates me should be able to tolerate at least one Beyonce song a week.

That's just how I roll.