Friday, May 16, 2008

not cool


Here's a list of 10 items you think make you cool -- but don't -- courtesy of Holy Taco.

The list touches on some valid pet peeves -- iPhones, Borat imitations -- but I'd like to add another valuable submission.

Something that doesn't make you look cool? A scarf.

OK, I understand that in certain colder climates, a scarf might keep your neck warm. Why this goal can't be accomplished with a turtleneck sweater, I don't understand. But I'll let that one slide.

What bothers me more is when people wear scarves inside...with a short-sleeved shirt. Or a tank top. I don't understand the point. Obviously, the accessory's warming quality is negated here. I don't even buy the quality that a scarf is a neck decoration. Um, that's what necklaces are for.

What? Guys don't wear necklaces? Then think about how you look in a scarf.