Friday, December 7, 2007

what's going on this weekend?

Don't forget about the First Friday Bar Crawl downtown. You know the drill -- one cover, nine bars.

I promised I'd give a shout-out to Haywire, the band playing Friday and Saturday at Muldoon's. They have an early (7-10 p.m.) Tuesday show as well. Band member Kenny Miller told me if I showed up, they'd let me dance on the stage when they played Santana. I'd prefer Journey, but what can you do? We'll see what happens.

I'm pretty booked with the holiday lights judging Friday and Saturday nights, but I'll count on stopping at Belloo's Saturday for my friend Elizabeth's bday. Remember, every Saturday at the club is Little Black Dress Night. Ladies in LBDs get free admission, plus a $10 gift certificate for the bar.

Want a real adventure?

Today I did a little exploring of what may or may not be a (formerly) secret gay bar on First Avenue, near the old Subway. You'll notice it by the red door. Before, somebody told us it was a gay club called Questions.

On my way to work today, I saw it now has a sign that reads, "Club Odyssey Presents? The Hottest Show Bar in the Southeast."

Note: That question mark is not a typo. That is literally what the sign says.

A search of our newspaper archives shows that a Club Odyssey existed in the same place (I think) in 2005.

I'll hit this place up asap and let you guys know what's going on.

Have a great weekend and be safe!