Tuesday, January 30, 2007

let me see that...

I did forget one tiny detail of my weekend -- a major overhaul of my underwear collection, made necessary by my dog's recent chewing spree.
So Saturday, I hit the shelves of Victoria's Secret, and left the store with $71.23 worth of panties, all of which were thongs. It was a retail decision made purely by instinct. I wasn't planning a romantic interlude -- at BEST a solo fashion show -- but rather, I was simply shopping according to what makes me feel comfortable.
Yes, I realize that's a rather ironic statement, seeing as "comfort" and "perpetual wedgie" are hardly synonymous. Thongs were a concept entirely foreign to me until my freshman year of college, when a group of "cool girls" encouraged me to enter The Dark Side.
The changeover was in motion by the end of my sophomore year.
Now, I can't imagine wearing granny panties. Three letters: VPL. But maybe that's not the case for everyone. Years after my college graduation, I was shocked when a fling told me I was the first hookup partner of his to wear a thong.
So maybe I'm overestimating the virtues of these barely-there undergarments. Maybe they really do serve no purpose other than to feed canine teething habits. For the sake of my Victoria's Secret addiction, I really hope that's not the case.
Ladies...have you made The Changeover? If so, when and why? Comfort? Versatility? Romantic intrigue? If not, do you feel like you're in the minority?
And guys...do you even pay attention to our underwear? If a girl wore thongs during the honeymoon phase of relationship, and then switched to granny panties once she got comfortable with you, would you be upset?
Give me all your Sisqo-inspired insights.