Sunday, January 28, 2007

three for three

It's the second time this has happened since I bribed my eighth-grade teacher by making fortune cookies to accompany a book report about Confucius.
I got an A+ this weekend.
I'm referring, of course, to my grade for completion of my weekend picks. Take that, Brad.
I bought my plunger at Target Saturday morning, and watched "Little Miss Sunshine" -- which I recommend, by the way -- Saturday night. But my favorite pick by far was running with the Chattahoochee Valley Hash House Harriers Saturday afternoon.
You have to hang out with these guys, even if the mere sight of running shoes gives you convulsions. It doesn't matter. Trust me...this is coming from the girl whose exercise regimen is sculpted around the likelihood of nail breakage.
Physical prowess really is secondary to the Hash. It's about friendship and secret symbols and beer...and men in kilts. What an endorsement.
Picks aside, I stayed in for most of the weekend, as I'm saving money to attend my friend Lily's wedding in Vegas in two weeks. Make a donation to the fund and get the first look-over of any of my "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" X-rated photos from the weekend.
However, I did enjoy dining at TGIFriday's Saturday night. Sure, it's a chain, but the company was great and the food was even better.
So there you go. Remember...A+. Although I have yet to fix my defunct plumbing, so penalize as you'd like.
Is there a plumber in the house?