Wednesday, June 18, 2008

don't play that

Here's an amusing list of 14 songs you should never play in a bar.

Predictably, the submissions include sing-a-long cringers like "Sweet Home Alabama" and "I Will Survive." Honestly, the songs don't bother me that much. Do I request them? No. But they're just kind of tunes that you resign yourself to hearing upon entering a typical nightlife venue.

I used to gag every time I heard "Family Tradition." Now I sing along.

If I had to pick one song that I absolutely, absolutely HATE to hear cover bands play, it would be "Last Kiss." Hands down.

Maybe it's because I once asked a local band if they knew any Pearl Jam and that's all they came up with. So no, they didn't call me daughter, and I wasn't the least bit happy about it.

Which bar song do you hate most?