Friday, June 27, 2008

what's going on this weekend?

Man, what a weekend for Columbus partiers.

Friday, two major events vie for nightlife fans' attention:

First, there's the Chippendales show at Aqua Nightclub, 1812 Midtown Drive. Show starts at 9 p.m. and doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20. Call 706-358-7128.

So in one corner, you have guys in tight pleather pants. And in the other...

The grand opening of new nightlife destination H20, formerly Muldoon's. Refer to the photos I posted earlier this week. It's at 6499 Veterans Parkway and doors open at 5:30 p.m. It's free before 8:30 p.m., and then cover is $15. There's a dress code, so dress to impress.

Also, don't forget about the Aflac Outdoor Games, which run Friday through Sunday at South Commons. Read more here.

What am I doing this weekend? Well, tonight I'm making a short post-work detour to hang out with some people who have a vampire house. Loooong story. You'll get the full recap Monday.

Then, I have to cover the Miss Georgia pageant at the RiverCenter Saturday night. But I'm still going to hit downtown after that, so be sure to say hi if you see me partying at The Tap.

One more thing...click here to check out the Richard Hyatt column I inspired. He raises a good question, one that I still don't really know how to answer:

Where can bald guys with beer guts hang out?