Thursday, October 20, 2011

Halloween: Revenge of the Sluts

This weekend, I'll make my annual pilgrimage to Night Moves (2723 Manchester Expressway), where I'll survey this year's collection of female adult Halloween costumes.

The selection probably won't include any ill-fitting ghost getups.

Instead, I'll see sexy nurse. And sexy police officer. And sexy cowgirl. You know the drill. Nothing new here. In another key part of the tradition, we'll inevitably hear debates over whether these sexy costumes empower women or demean them.

My take? If you've got it, flaunt it. Unless you're wearing a sexy bunny costume to a cubicle job, I could care less.

Nonetheless, I was interested to find at least two articles online defending sexy Halloween costumes. Learn more here and here.

I'm not sure if the hate for sexy getups is really that widespread. Even people who don't wear them generally accept them as a fact of life, at least for one night.

What do you think?