Friday, April 18, 2008

what's going on this weekend?

Hey party people...

I'm going to take a slight departure from the usual weekend offerings and direct you to two places you've probably never been before. I know...I'm outta control. Don't try to stop me.

Party spot No. 1: Aqua Nightclub, 1812 Midtown Drive

This is the venue formerly known as Memory Lane. It became Aqua and now it's hosting a pre-launch party Friday. The party features Mustang Sally, an all-girl country rock act from Nashville. Tickets are $10 and the party starts at 9 p.m. Visit Aqua's Web site here.

Party spot No. 2: Mickey's Pub, 4105 Buena Vista Road

Yes, this suggestion is totally random. In fact, I had never even heard of this place until I got a MySpace message a couple days ago. But at 31 years old, it's allegedly the oldest nightclub in Columbus. They're having an anniversary party that begins Friday with a show by local band Mindblender. Then, it's almost all-day party Saturday, with festivities that start at 3 p.m. Yes, there is food. Check out this hot spot's MySpace here.

So that's it. Give one of these venues a shot. Variety, remember, is the spice of life.

Peace out.