Friday, September 9, 2011

College football and romance

This week's nightlife column is about what happens when you meet your perfect match...but he or she roots for your least favorite college football team.

Fortunately, I’m one half of a relationship that doesn’t include die-hard football loyalties. For football parties, I have the freedom to tell my boyfriend to wear colors that match whatever dress I’m wearing -- no questions asked.

What’s my advice for couples facing the uphill battle of conflicting football ties?

If you can’t embrace your partner’s point of view, at least accept it. Some kind of passion -- even if it rivals your own -- is better than a life that relies on lukewarm views.

On that note, the Columbus Contemporaries host a Contemporaries Kickoff party tonight (Sept. 9) at the Columbus Museum. Open to guests 21 and older, it starts at 7 p.m. Learn more here.