Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Too much Sex and the City?

The CW has selected an actress to play a young Carrie Bradshaw on a show that will focus on the "Sex and the City" character's high school years.

The actress: AnnaSophia Robb.

Haven't heard of her? That's OK. Maybe the "Sex and the City" prequel won't appeal to die-hard "Sex and the City" fans. It might even weaken their obsession.

I know, I know. Apparently, you can never have too much of a good thing. But I'm not sure if that mentality should apply to "Sex and the City."

The first "Sex and the City" film was surprisingly good. The second was pretty "meh," though things could have been worse. But I thought we agreed that with the second film, we'd end our attempts to breathe new life into the series.

Then again, I know 20- and 30-somethings who are still absolutely psyched about anything related to the show -- new and old.

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. "Sex and the City" had its glory days, but now it's time to move on.

That said, I'll probably watch at least one episode of the prequel.