Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Day meals

Don't miss our Ledger-Enquirer dining roundup of local restaurants offering Valentine's Day specials. Some of those specials start this weekend.

Two-thirds of couples will spend more than $100 for a Valentine's dinner, and about 10 percent will spend $200 or more for the occasion, according to information in this Reuters article.

Do those numbers surprise you?

I can't imagine spending more than $200 on Valentine's dinner. Of course, I'd be perfectly happy to have someone else spend $200 on my Valentine's dinner. Just kidding. Really.

BUT...if I were to savor a $200 dinner, I'd rather do it on a random day instead of Feb. 14. There's just so much pressure on Valentine's Day. Something is bound to go wrong, shattering your expectations and making you hate yourself for shelling out $200 on food and drinks.

Do you feel the same way?