Friday, August 3, 2007

sly like the jungle cat


Happy Friday!

Can't wait for tonight's bar crawl downtown. Should be a fun night, even though my spy services have (maybe jokingly, maybe not) been enlisted for certain significant others.

Which got me thinking about trust and jealousy.

This week, a friend -- actually an ex -- asked me who would be my ideal man. My initial answer was "not you," but I didn't say that.

Actually, my real answer didn't take that long at all. I responded, "Somebody who you're never going to have to worry has a secret life behind your back."

Sure, it sounds stupid, but how many people -- especially women -- do you know who absolutely never worry about what their S.O. is doing when they're not around?

Is that inevitable in every relationship? Or, is it indicative of a flaw in the relationship -- or a flaw in the worrier?