Monday, August 6, 2007

weekend recap


I finally lived out my biggest fantasies and partied with Paris and Nicky Hilton over the weekend. Just kidding.

Friday's bar crawl seemed especially crowded. I made my first venture into the newly reopened Knockin' Boots, which attracted relatively few party goers, but boasts some serious potential. It's owned by the same people who own Big City Club. Also, for those of you who don't know, The Vault is owned by The Uptown Tap now.

All in all, I think the bar crawls are a good idea, but naturally there's always the inevitable Columbus disorganization. For example, when you paid your blanket $8 cover Friday, you got a flier outlining the drink specials at the various bars. Every bar had one, except The Loft, whose drink special simply said "great live music."

Seriously.

Saturday, I ventured back to Endzone Sports Bar & Grill in Bibb City. I really like the facility, but the bar has yet to carve out its niche in the local nightlife scene. We'll see what happens.

I capped the weekend off with a couple drinks at Belloo's, of course taking advantage of Little Black Dress night. There was a pretty good vibe, minus the relatively somber music and weird ratio of old horny men to young eligible women.

Inevitable.