Monday, October 22, 2007

monday moan: holla-ween edition

Halloween costumes.

Where do I begin?

Last year I had an awesome outfit that included shoes with some special beads -- not pearls, if you know what I mean -- in the heels. Hot. The worst part, though, was that when I was leaving a party at Scruffy Murphy's I (soberly) surrendered my giant fairy wings to a girl in desperate need of a costume.

And then they were gone. Forever. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

Anyway, this evening I'm heading out to stripper supply shop/costume store Night Moves for an upcoming column about adult Halloween costumes. Basically I'm also going to use the assignment as an excuse to start brainstorming my own costume, too.

Really, my only requirement is that it includes fishnets.

That said, here's my question for this week:

What's the coolest female Halloween costume you've ever seen? And what's your advice for partiers who want to escape the deluge of Paris-in-jail getups this year?

Discuss. Now.