Tuesday, March 4, 2008

strippers are multi-talented?

I just made a post on the "American Idol" blog about a strip club manager's confirmation that David Hernandez, one of this season's AI contestants, worked fully nude at his club for three years. Get the full story here.

Everybody, naturally, keeps asking me if I think this means he'll be disqualified, and my predictions point to no. Unfortunately, I really have no official authority with the show, as surprising as that sounds.

But I am amazed by how many celebrities have admitted recently to stripper pasts. Of course, there's recent Oscar recipient Diablo Cody, but did you know that Javier Bardem -- another Oscar winner this year -- had a brief career as a male stripper?

The trend even inspired Radar to write this feature, "Big breasts, bigger dreams," about career-minded strippers.

Are stripping stigmas outdated, or are these examples exceptions rather than rules?