Thursday, June 16, 2011

Talk to me!

Ah, the thrill of awkward silences.

If you hate conversation lulls, check out this list of 10 no-fail first date conversations.

Upon finding the article, I realized I'm pretty lucky. I've never been thrown into a date where I didn't have at least one thing in common with the person sitting on the opposite side of the table.

I've always shared some sort of common ground with my dates -- anything from college classes to a job.

That's generally enough to make a first date devoid of uncomfortable pauses.

I think I'm pretty good at making conversation. Somebody once said I could talk to a toaster for two hours. I consider that a compliment.

I only get frustrated when I'm stuck with a conversation partner who doesn't venture beyond the world of one-word answers. I hate feeling like an interrogator.

What's your conversation advice for first dates?