Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Miranda Lambert and Twitter

I learned a new word today, courtesy of country singer Miranda Lambert.

Twittow.

Apparently, that's the appropriate label for a woman who's lost her husband to social networking site Twitter.

Twitter + widow = Twittow. Get it?

Miranda discusses her husband Blake Shelton's Twitter addiction in this interview, where she notes, "He's a Twitter addict... He promised me, the last time he put it back on his phone after he deleted it, that he was going to keep it under control."

I've never really bought into the idea of social media addiction. However, based on the amount of time I spend updating the Ledger's Facebook page on weekends, my boyfriend might have a different opinion on the issue.

Weigh in: Have you ever lost a significant other to Twitter or Facebook?