Friday, December 9, 2011

Love goes viral

Wow...that headline sounds kind of nasty. Trust me, this will be a clean post.

TresSugar has a good roundup of all the marriage proposal videos that went viral in 2011. It's not a one-year phenomenon. In the past, I've reflected on the abundance of YouTube-ready proposals.

I think these viral videos have increased the expectations that come with popping the question. Proposals are now defined by even grander gestures -- you know, the kind that warrant a spot on morning TV shows.

Which makes me wonder: Do you think we're due for a backlash?

I can help wondering if we've moved beyond the infatuation phase when it comes to marriage proposal videos. Do you think the videos will continue to make people swoon, or will viewers will eventually question the sincerity of these relationships?