Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year's Resolution Generator

And...I'm back! Sorry for the brief absence -- I wanted to unplug for a few days so I could enjoy some quality time with my family. That's right, folks. I went home for Christmas for the first time in five years.

I'd forgotten how much I missed our holiday traditions. I've always had somewhere to go on Dec. 25, but there really is no place like home for the holidays.

Anyway...who's excited for New Year's Eve? I compiled a pretty thorough list of local bar parties, which will run in Thursday's To Do section. I'll post a link on the blog Thursday, too.

Aside from champagne and glitter, this week generates discussions of New Year's resolutions. My colleague Sara Pauff has done a great job with her series on the topic.

Here's another tool to help craft your 2012 goals: an online New Year's Resolution Generator. Yes, it does all the work for you.

I tried it, and my first automatically generated resolution was to watch the sunrise in 2012. Yeah, probably not gonna happen unless I'm on an early morning run.

Resolution No. 2: "Be a rockstar."

That's more like it.