Monday, January 9, 2012

Anatomy of a half marathon








So, today is my birthday! Yes, I'm turning the big 3-0. No major meltdowns yet, so I guess I'm on the right track for success. Or extreme denial.


Anyway, in an attempt to show myself that 30 doesn't = dead, I participated in Saturday's Red Nose Half Marathon.


I'm still not sure if it was the best idea. Fun fact: I hadn't done a long distance since Thanksgiving morning, when I ran 10 miles. I quickly became aware of that fact during Saturday's race.


But I still finished the Red Nose run, thanks largely to the fact that my boyfriend came to cheer me on during the last mile. He also took the very flattering pictures that accompany this blog post.


So even if being 30 means I'm old, I can at least still run 13 miles. OK, I technically did that when I was 29. But whatever.