Tuesday, February 20, 2007

pardi gras

Let's just say four years at an all-girls Catholic high school didn't do much to prepare me for the ins and outs of Mardi Gras. I remember nervously approaching upperclassmen before my first college Mardi Gras party, asking oodles and oodles of questions about various protocols related to flashing.
Do you wear a bra? How long is too long? Can they take pictures?
Don't get me wrong...that year, as well as the three years that followed, sent me home with plenty of beads. Sure, they cost all of approximately 50 cents each...a sum that hardly outweighs the subsequent weeks of lingering fear over a hidden Webcam. We'll leave it at that.
Fortunately, adult life makes such qualms less likely. That's why I hardly encourage any Columbus-area residents with an appetite for partying to head downtown tonight. In addition to a much-anticipated Fat Tuesday Bar Crawl, there will be an alleged no-cover party at Oxygen, and who knows what else could happen.
I'm going to try to stop by later tonight, post-"American Idol" blogging, but my partying time might be limited. As usual, I'll be on Kissin' 99.3 bright and early -- 7:10 a.m. -- Wednesday morning to give you the run-down on all the "Idol" hits and misses.
One final note...does anyone other than my recent anonymous poster think this blog's background is too bright? Be honest. I can take it. Gently.
If I get a strong enough consensus, I'll do a color upgrade. Because, of course, that's how I roll.