Tuesday, January 15, 2008

ma ma se, ma ma sa

I pretty much consider myself the biggest Michael Jackson fan in the entire world. While I was on my college speech team, I even did a speech using Michael Jackson as vehicle for rhetorical criticism. (Don't ask the judges how that went.)

I was already a super fan...now I REALLY wanna be startin' somethin."

Pop music fans already know that Rihanna's newest single, "Please Don't Stop the Music," samples choruses of "ma ma se, ma ma sa" etc. Now, there's an upcoming album featuring newly recorded renditions of MJ hits featuring R&B artists.

Fergie on "Beat It." Kanye West on "Billie Jean." Will.I.Am on "The Girl Is Mine" and "P.Y.T."

And, most importantly, Akon on "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008."

You can listen to that song here.

I just played it a few times in the office and it got mixed reviews. But I'm a fan.

Get Akon on a remastered version of "In The Closet" and I'm sold!