Thursday, January 3, 2008

since you asked...

In response to the free thong item I posted earlier today, one anonymous reader wondered if it's "still cool to have your thong showing way above your jeans."

Funny you ask.

Even though this has long been a personal pet peeve of mine, I'd always heard that it's a turn-on for guys, in a white-trash kind of way, I guess. But not all guys, apparently. I was once with a group of people when a guy informed me my pants revealed my thong every time I bent down. Before I knew it, what I had traditionally regarded as an innocent turn-on had transformed into a source of tremendous humiliation. Awkward.

So back to the matter in question...

I just Googled "thong etiquette" -- yes, I do have the best job in the world -- and came across what this random person dubs "The Rules Of Thong." Here they are, verbatim:

1. Get thongs that fit properly. Do not buy the cheap ones at Wal-Mart. I am not endorsing any particular brand, but you get what you pay for. They don't call VS models "angels" by accident.

2. Do not, under any circumstances, purposely let the top of the thong stick out from whatever it is you are wearing. This is cheap and slutty. You do not need to advertise that you are wearing a thong. The natural view of your nice, shapely behind is evidence enough. Additional tip - you can buy "low-rise" thongs if you are wearing low-cut or low-rise pants. This way the tags are not hanging out for everyone to see. If your pants are lower cut than that, FORGO the underwear all together.

3. Finally, in closing... It doesn't matter if you are model-thin, average, or chubby, thongs come in all sizes and can benefit every woman out there.

But I'm still curious. To all my male readers...do any of you still think catching a glimpse of a girl's thong (outside the bedroom) is hot?