Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cheating at its worst

I feel awkward telling the entire blogosphere about this, but there's somebody else in my boyfriend's life and I hate it.

He spends late nights with her, and sometimes full days on weekends. He puts money into making her feel better when she's hurt. He admits knowing how to turn her on, and has his hands all over her whenever they're together.

It's his computer.

This article about pet jealousy got me thinking that in relationships, sometimes the biggest jealousy doesn't involve another person at all.

It can be driven by a favorite TV show -- "I'll hang out right after Gossip Girl, honey" -- or a passion for sport. Or an inanimate object, like a computer or car, that somehow manages to always get more physical attention than you.

Which non-human force makes you most jealous?