Thursday, May 28, 2009

Say cheese!

On the party scene, everyone has That Friend who always demands a photo do-over -- no matter how good the picture looks.

Today's nightlife column is about how we often hit the bars with one goal:

Take a new Facebook profile photo.

Everyone can relate to the sense of dread that comes with hearing one of your friends scream "Picture time!"

Even after entering the world of digital cameras, I've never been a huge photo person. I prefer to operate under an illusion of physical perfection. That's also why I avoid mirrors.

Some of my friends, however, are crazy about photos. I know people who will take nearly 100 on any given Saturday night.

How many photos do you take on an average weekend? And more importantly, what's your favorite kind of photo to make fun of on someone else's social networking page?