Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Is skin always in?

I recently described my biggest nightlife fashion pet peeves to a guy: "Women should pick one asset to flaunt," I said. "If you're going to show a lot of cleavage, don't wear really short shorts. And if you're going to show a lot of leg, don't wear a low-cut shirt."

My male companion stared at me blankly. "You know what I mean?" I asked.

"I don't know why you can't show both," he said.

OK, guys...I get it. You like to see a lot of bare skin. But there has to be a cutoff somewhere, right?

Case in point: Last week I spotted a female partier downtown who not only skipped out on a bra, but also opted for a scoop neck that was, well, a little too scooped. She might as well have just been wearing strategically placed stickers up there.

Come on, that can't be attractive.

Tell me honestly, male readers: Do you ever look at a tube top wearing, short skirt flaunting woman and think, "that is just TOO much"?