Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bella Swan's engagement ring

Congratulations, "Twilight" fans: You can buy the engagement ring featured in the new "Eclipse" trailer, TresSugar reports.

Now your life really will be a fairy tale! And your significant other will immediately transform into Robert Pattinson!

I don't ride the "Twilight" bandwagon, but I understand engagement ring envy.

Recently, I spotted perhaps the biggest engagement rock I've ever seen in Columbus. Seriously, it approached Carrie Underwood proportions.

I felt guilty for how it invaded my daydreams for the next 48 hours. I told myself, "If I ever get engaged, I want THAT."

Or at least a significantly cheaper version. As in, like, $40,000 cheaper.

But then I started wondering if copycat engagement rings are taboo in the wedding world.

Is it OK to use someone else's ring as a template, or is that on the same level as stealing a baby name?

Weigh in, then check out Katie's wedding-planning blog for more nuptial news.