Monday, April 12, 2010

Shop till you drop?

Hope everybody had a great weekend. I hit Frogtown Hollow Bluegrass Jam Friday and Saturday. The new downtown location seemed very successful. Good times all around.

I spent most of Sunday doing errands. I felt satisfied and accomplished when I returned home -- until I learned I'd contributed to the EIGHT YEARS of my life I'll spend shopping.

That's right: On average, women spend eight years of their lives shopping, according to a study cited by Salon's Broadsheet.

Naturally, the conclusion has potential to generate all sorts of jokes about searching for the perfect handbag.

But the Broadsheet post wisely notes a big part of the eight years is shopping for your family at places like the grocery store.

So I feel a bit better.

Until I remember the two hours I spent looking for an Emery Cat are completely inexcusable.