Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sleep disorders and dating

My sleep patterns aren't exactly heavenly. There's a minor drooling issue and I've been told I snore. I also often wake up suffocated by my hair.

So...who's down for a sleepover?

Your snuggle buddy might complain, but drooling is often a pretty minor problem in the full spectrum of sleep disorders. Just consider this NY Times piece, which describes conditions ranging from sleep-eating to sexsomnia.

In the dating world, it's rare to find a partner with flawless sleeping habits.

If someone's nighttime habits seem perfect, there's a good chance he/she has a pet intent on severing your limbs while you're asleep.

Fortunately, I'm a pretty sound sleeper.

Still, I have limited tolerance for strange nighttime habits -- like the dater who must sleep with the TV on, or the person with odd temperature preferences. (Wool blankets in June? Give me a break.)

Share your sleeping pet peeves in the comments section.