Thursday, June 24, 2010

I did it my way

TresSugar introduces us to a new online dating site, HerWay.com, where women are in control. It's like the Sadie Hawkins dance of the Internet world.

Here's how it works: Women and men can submit profiles, but only women can anonymously browse for dates. When a woman chooses a guy, he gets to see her profile.

Pretty cool, right?

Some women are still terrified to take the lead in the courtship process.

I no longer have major qualms about asking a guy out. That's mainly due to my four years at an all-girls high school, where every formal dance turned into essentially a Sadie Hawkins dance.

I remember the many nights I spent wondering if it would be OK to resurrect a sixth-grade friend as my junior prom date. Shudder.

OK, I guess I haven't fully embraced the Sadie Hawkins concept after all.