Monday, June 28, 2010

You missed the bus

I know why you haven't met the partner of your dreams in Columbus.

We don't have an extensive public transportation system.

TresSugar's take on public transportation crushes made me miss the days when I'd eye random strangers while riding California buses.

I lacked a car in high school, and my campus was about 45 minutes away from home (with traffic). So every day after school I'd ride one bus to my dad's office, then get on another bus that took me home.

The experience introduced me to all sorts of fun folks. I guess the phrase "eye random strangers" refers to both crushes and the people I feared would play tricks on me if I fell asleep.

Sure, public transportation is often filled with shady characters.

But there's always the remote chance you'll spot a stranger carrying your favorite obscure book or blasting your favorite B-side.

It's the one scenario when you never want your trip to end.