Friday, August 6, 2010

Friending an ex

Ah, yes...one of the greatest debates in modern history.

Don't worry: I won't bore you with another vague analysis of the pros and cons of befriending a former fling on Facebook.

But I will direct you to an interesting Jezebel piece, where one writer befriended an ex and lived to tell about it. In fact, she suggests the decision actually enhanced her life.

I'm still ambivalent about digital friendships with my exes.

Once the friend requests were approved, we'd likely exchange a few basic pleasantries and then enter the realm of impersonal holiday greetings.

But I freak out whenever I find out my boyfriend has had even the most impersonal online contact with an ex. As in, like, full on crazy mode.

So it seems a little hypocritical for me to go around befriending exes like it's no big deal.