Friday, September 21, 2007

old people rule

Just got an e-mail from a 63-year-old fan who describes herself as an old babe. Perfect. Essentially this is the coolest e-mail I've ever received. Why? Check out these excerpts:

*"I laugh as I read your analogy, and recall the crazy times my friends and I had...Our motto was never leave home without a toothbrush and FDS." (FDS = lube)

*"On our way to our 20th anniversary cruise, my husband asked, 'Isn't being married much better than being single?' To which I replied, 'Let's talk about this at home, wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good cruise.'"

*"Pickup trucks are yard vehicles, not the major source of transportation. If he has a truck he's out of luck."

*"If you wear a cowboy hat, you better have just gotten off the plane from Dallas and have the deed to your oil well in your pocket."

*"I love jeans on men as well as anything, but not if you work in them."

*"If they (men) have children under the age of 40, living any closer than California, I hope they have a watch. I wouldn't give them the time of day!"

See, this lady is awesome. Amid all the uptight people looking to shut down local bar crawls because they -- gasp! -- bring people downtown, it's nice to know some people's party potential only increases with age.