Wednesday, November 21, 2007

burrito bitch



Burritos are probably my favorite food.

While living in California, I conducted an experiment to see how long I could go with just having burritos for every meal of the day. (That's how you find excitement while living with your parents for two years.) Anyway, I lasted about two weeks, and not because I ran out of appetite, but because I ran out of acceptable dining venues.

Anyway, my fascination naturally extends to breakfast burritos, and I've been a fan of the kind McDonald's offers since working at the fast-food chain as a 16-year-old.

Last week, I hit the drive-thru expecting my usual pleasantly congealed tiny burritos and instead learned of a giant McSkillet Burrito.

I shared one with Brad this morning -- my second since the offering debuted locally last week -- and loved it. It was especially satisfying since I tried to get one yesterday and was rejected due to a power outage at the restaurant. Still a sore subject.

In summary, the McSkillet is kind of a big deal and it even has its own blog, which unfortunately hasn't been updated since 2006. This is the first time since 2003 that Mickey D's has updated its breakfast menu, according to this article.

Read Brad's McSkillet experience here.