Friday, November 2, 2007

the hills are alive


Until now, I've shied away from discussing my obsession with "The Hills," a popular scripted reality series on MTV.

Why? Um, it's "The Hills." And I watch it.

For those of you who spend your Monday nights doing something useful, here's a recap: The show's all about rich 20-somethings in L.A. You get the picture.

So anyway, as much as I maintain the show isn't necessarily 100 percent worthy of blog attention, I made an exception when I spotted this article earlier today.

It claims MTV is now casting for Spencer and Heidi's wedding. For further evidence of the fact that the show is staged, check out this interview with Gavin, a guy who went on a date with LC on "The Hills." (Via Best Week Ever)

In an attempt to make this a quasi-meaningful post, I'll pose this question: Does knowing the truth behind a "reality" show bother you? Or, do you watch those shows for entertainment value alone?