Tuesday, December 30, 2008

fun with slankets


A blanket. With sleeves.

The statement alone should put you on the edge of ecstasy, but if you can't fully grasp its significance, let me repeat:

A blanket. With sleeves.

Those are the defining qualities of a Slanket, an advance in modern technology that I just can't seem to get off my mind today.

My day started with a story I read on a friend's Facebook about a girl whose bf proposed by buying her a Slanket, sewing pockets into it and putting an engagement ring in the pocket. Yes, I was fighting back tears.

Then, Nerve's Daily Scanner names it one of the 3 things we wish we'd gotten for Christmas.

My house is so cold that in order to get my dog to warm up my feet, I have to bribe her with fully loaded nachos from Taco Bell. That's not helping the Slanket obsession, either.

A blanket. With sleeves.

Warmth never looked sexier.