Tuesday, December 23, 2008

the gift of debt

It might be a little after the fact, but I came across this guy's advice for how much a girl should spend on her significant other's Christmas present.

Let me give you the first two tips to see if you're as shocked as I am:

If you're broke, spend $10 for every month you've been monogamously dating, or cook them something wonderful.

If you're sort of middle of the road (they killed the middle class but you get my point) you can jack that to $15-$20 for each month you've been dating.

Like, SERIOUSLY?!? Maybe it's just my journalist's salary talking, but those numbers seem a little high. Especially the one with the "if you're broke" disclaimer.

Now that your shopping's (probably) over and done with, tell me:

Do you and your significant other set a price limit for the gifts you exchange?