Friday, January 16, 2009

home sweet home

Happy Friday!

If a guy told you he lived with his parents, would it be a dealbreaker?

It's a question inspired by Lemondrop's list of guy behaviors worth dealing with. Yep, living at home makes the cut.

Don't worry: There's a disclaimer. It's not OK if a guy is living at home out of pure laziness. But living at home to save money or care for parents (aww!), is perfectly fine, experts say.

I used to be critical of 20-somethings who still lived at home -- UNTIL I lived with my parents for two years post-college. My journalist's salary made renting an apartment in California impossible, so I saved up money, moved out and I'm now living the high life in Bibb City. High five!

That said, I pretty much had no boyfriends during those two years. It's just awkward. When you're living at home, you can't really have a boyfriend stay over, and there aren't too many guys who want to spend every Saturday afternoon watching sports with your dad.

Weigh in, readers: In dating, is living at home -- regardless of the reason -- one of your dealbreakers?