Tuesday, March 17, 2009

magically delicious

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'll post a roundup of local parties soon, but I'm kicking things off with a couple leprechaun links. Check this stuff out and then start upping your tolerance for green beer:

*Remember the elusive Shamrock Shake from McDonald's? It's becoming an extinct species. Fortunately, you can track one down with ShamrockShake.com.

*Here, College Candy gives a list of do's and don'ts for St. Paddy's Day. Unfortunately, it's not too fitting for the average working 20-something, thanks to lines like this: "Don't forget that you are only in college once and can therefore celebrate any holiday with binge drinking without being ridiculed by society." Ah, college...

*Believe it or not, the St. Patrick's Day pickup line lexicon extends beyond "kiss me, I'm Irish." Users of this site compiled a good list, although I'll laugh if you approach me with, "I've got a leprechaun and a pot of gold hidden in my trousers, wanna see?"

*Finally, here's your go-to site for St. Patrick's Day trivia. My favorite nugget: Internationally, 13 million pints of Guinness will be consumed today.