Thursday, March 12, 2009

st. paddy's day

Happy Thursday! I am sooo happy that the weekend's almost here. I've been getting a lot of questions about St. Patrick's Day festivities. The holiday falls on Tuesday, but I don't think a weekday party night will deter anybody from indulging in green beer.

The big party spot, of course, will be Columbus' only Irish pub: Scruffy Murphy's.

The nightclub hosts two musicians from Ireland Monday and Tuesday. No cover Monday, and cover is decided at the door Tuesday. If you don't want to risk a steep charge, you can buy $5 advance tickets through Monday at the bar.

Scruffy's will also serve Irish-themed food all day Tuesday. Doors open 11:30 a.m. Get the full details in my article here.

As far as other parties go...

Presumably, there will also be a Broadway bar crawl. But Scruffy's won't be included.

The Shanty Shack is also having a pretty cool party. You'll be able to buy special 20 oz. cups for $3.50 draft beer. The rockers from Mercury Heat perform.

That's all I've got for now. I'll post another St. Paddy's update early next week.