Wednesday, March 4, 2009

one heart, one plate?

Here's an interesting piece about how more couples are splitting restaurant entrees because of the recession.

Hard times or not, I've noticed there are some people who think publicly sharing their food is an integral part of romantic closeness.

You know the type: The ones who not only sneak a french fry off their significant other's plate, but also instinctively cut half of their steak for their partner to try.

Honestly, the whole sharing food thing has always kind of creeped me out. I'm sure this is just the woman in me, but I worry that slipping my hand on someone's plate sans invitation ranks right up there with making myself a key to his apartment.

Sure, he may not want that pickle on the side of his plate, but he may not want your nasty paws on it, either.

Thoughts?