Friday, March 5, 2010

H2O Nightclub

Anyone who's driven by H2O on Veterans Parkway has likely noticed that the super club recently started advertising a Web promotion with its light-up message board outside.

In January, the club closed temporarily. I tried to get some info back then, but didn't have much luck.

Anyway, the sign outside now promotes H2O's new Web-based VIP club. Type in the address -- www.h2ovip.com -- and you'll be directed to an online flier for the "hottest event to hit Columbus in years."

Turns out the event is the club's invitation-only grand reopening. The site doesn't specify a date for the event or too many other details.

I did, however, register for H2O's VIP club, which seems to rely primarily on text message alerts. After I signed up, I got a text granting me a free drink at the bar.

Weigh in: Will H2O's grand reopening change the local nightlife game?