Thursday, September 30, 2010

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt

This news might come as a total shock, but Heidi Montag called off her divorce to Spencer Pratt. Apparently, a recent trip to Costa Rica reminded her of Spencer's desirability.

My reaction to the news is simple: I told you so.

The pair has manipulated the media so much that I rolled my eyes when reports of their "divorce" initially surfaced.

I felt guilty about my lack of compassion. I mean, what if I knew these people in real life?

Wait, I kind of do.

I think everybody knows a couple surrounded by so much drama that it's hard to take any of their problems seriously.

You lend a sympathetic ear, give some nods of encouragement but think in the back of your mind that all the elaborate relationship renovation plans will never materialize.

After reaching their makeup/breakup quota, these couples somehow lose their right to relationship credibility.

Do they deserve it?